6. Sharing accommodations with this same group of 9 friends made a two night stay in Singapore affordable and entertaining.
5. Seven-minute halves meant that even I could pay attention for the entire game.
4. Random costumes made for entertaining people watching (in between games of course). We were dressed as Muay Thai fighters but probably the best costume was a group of South African fans dressed as the “Mexican Wall”.
3. On day two, I had an excuse to wear my Rider shirt (the Canadian Football League and the 7s Rugby is pretty much the same thing right?).
2. After 10 hours of consecutive rugby watching, I finally quit cheering for “touchdowns” and “field goals”.
1. Canada beating the US 26-19 in the final moments was almost as exciting as the 2010 Olympic Hockey final! It was their first international win, a huge upset and I think this is a sign of things to come.