You’ve got to love that teachers’ now get a week of vacation in February. With last week’s temperatures in Saskatchewan being around the -30 mark no excuse was needed to get the hell out of dodge. The fact that friends had found a sweet deal to ski in Bridger Bowl, Montana sealed the deal. Here are the top reasons to escape to Montana in February:
1. It was 16 degrees Celsius in Bozeman last Saturday when we arrived. That’s nearly 50 degrees warmer than it was in Regina today. Unbelievable!
2. They still had snow in the mountains and you could enjoy a mid-afternoon beer out on the patio.
3. Beer is cheaper than water. The only thing cheaper than the beer might be gas. A full tank of gas was $20. I don’t remember it being this cheap since high school when I was driving around a 1984 Hyundai Pony and blasting Billy Ocean, Taylor Dane, WHAM! and other cassette hits my dad had ordered from Columbia House. (For the record, I went to high school in the 90s but drove the “80s mobile”.)
4. We had great company going with us. Scott and Shay had a luxury suite at the C’MON Inn with a full kitchen and offered us an all you can eat and drink package at a sweet deal thanks to Scott’s Costco run. Trevor and Kim kept us all on schedule and Cheryl and Miguel regaled us with tales of Miguel’s days as “DJ Mambo Fly”.
5. The radio ads are hilarious. Among other useful PSAs, we learned how to properly carry a concealed weapon.
6. We’ve got photos to prove fun was had by all!