Many people keep asking me how things have been since Shaun has left this tropical island. So here are some things I’ve noticed in Shaun’s absence .
- The gin lasts longer.
- The leftovers I intended to take for lunch are still there.
- I am able to use his expired gym membership.
- I have cereal for supper more frequently.
- I am reading the “classics”.
- Scrabble against the computer sucks.
- The laundry isn’t done as quickly, but I am actually capable of doing it.
- I have discovered Youtube mixes. Awesome!
- I often have the song “Ladies Night” by Cool and the Gang running through my head – weird.
- I can more easily be convinced that something “isn’t really expensive”.
- There is no one around to blame for things like missing your flight home from Thailand because of a misread itinerary.
It could be the few gin ‘n’ juices I’ve be sipping on just like Snoop Dogg tonight (tomorrow is yet another Sri Lankan holiday) or the jazz music I’m listening to , but I feel the need to get a little sappy. The reality is that I miss my life partner and even though I don’t particularly look forward to the snow and the cold that Regina will inevitably bring, I know that no matter where we live we will always face it together with a sense of humour.